You probably heard about it already, but Amazon has just reached an agreement with Zappos on a complete buy-out of all of Zappos’ (over a hundred) stockholders, effectively making Zappos a wholly-owned subsidiary of Amazon.com.
This is the open letter from Zappos CEO Tony Hsieh to his employees which is an interesting read, but for me, this video of Jef Bezos is the real interesting bit.
According to Jeff,the basics of creating a successfull company are:
- Obsess over customers
- Invent (for your customer)
- Think Long Term
- It’s always Day 1
Related articles by Zemanta
- BREAKING: Amazon Acquires Zappos for $850 Million (mashable.com)
- Amazon Acquires Online Shoe Retailer Zappos.com (thenextweb.com)
- Amazon Acquires Zappos; Zappos Pretends It’s Not Really An Acquisition (techdirt.com)
- Getting the Goods: The New Amazon/Zappos Supply Chain Story (readwriteweb.com)
- Here’s Why Amazon Bought Zappos (mashable.com)